Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

New International Version (NIV)

Monday, June 24, 2013

Ham & Bacon. A Continuing Piglet Story.


Well these two little guys got moved out of my house a couple of weeks ago now and are happily living in the chick barn. Ham is still bigger and dumber then Bacon :) He was downing 2 six oz bottles of milk 3 times a day instead of drinking out of the feed bucket like Bacon until we skipped a couple of feeds and he had to learn to fend for himself!! Bacon figure out that feed bucket super fast :) 
I just realized I should have had a kid in there for size comparison, but I didn't so you'll have to believe me when I tell you they are doing really well and getting quite a nice size for being 6 weeks old. Bacon is still very much the runt but he'll catch up eventually. I believe the plan is to give them a few more weeks in the barn and then move them out on to grass in electric netting. They are still very tame and love to suck on the kids clothes/shoes and anything else they can reach. 

No comments: