Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

New International Version (NIV)

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What Happened To Spring?

Three days ago I was walking down almost dry earth on the driveway chatting to E that soon they should be able to ride their bikes on the driveway! Later that same day Papa and I noticed that where the grass was clear of snow it was greening up!!  Not anymore! This morning we woke up to snow! 


The snow really is beautiful as it covered everything with it's whiteness. It makes everything look clean and nice and I can really appreciate that. 

We got 6 inches of that fluffy white stuff this morning. Warm, wet, dripping mush! It was snowing when we got up and snowed until almost 6pm!! Papa figures we got about 6 inches. It was +5C and the snow was falling off the roof and trees in chunks while it was still snowing! The snow flakes started out HUGE and slowly, through out the day, got smaller and smaller.  I took these pictures later in the evening. With the naked eye it looked like there was a fine mist over the new snow several feet high. I didn't capture it on the pictures which is making me wonder if I imagined it :)  Papa did plow it off the drive so it might not take too long to get back to dirt.

It did put a few of our projects on hold... and got a few others bumped up the list and finished! Star was going to get out of her little pen and into a halter and on a line out in the yard and we decided not to do it just yet! Instead Papa got the cream separator out of storage, washed and set up. We took the plastic off the living room window and he threw me bags of kids clothes that needed to be sorted and repacked in totes and I got them all sorted and repacked and Papa took them back outside!! SO nice to have that big job done!! I sorted out an entire barrel sized black garbage bag for the thrift store! Now I just have my own clothes to find, sort and try on. Yes.. I'm avoiding it :) But it needs doing as I've only got two pairs of pants to wear and one of them are sweats :)

J decided to do more school then I'd planned and started and finished his last PACE on science, sans self test and test. He spent a good chunk of the day at the table doing school. L and E finished their PACE's with  cheerful smiles all around! All and all it was a productive and fun day, Papa headed out to Bible Study this evening which means MOVIE NIGHT with leftovers :)

No comments: