Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

New International Version (NIV)

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ahhh Now This Is Mega Laundry!!


The long and short of it is.. when you have 5 kids, soon to be 6, on a farm and your husbands a mechanic and a farmer.. you do A LOT OF LAUNDRY!!! We've gone through a used washer roughly every two years since we've lived here!! They just don't seem to last long. The last one had been on it's 'last legs' for several months. You know you got washing machine trouble when you have to hand turn the churny thing in the middle so it'll churn the clothes down so they'll wash!! :) I told Papa, NO MORE USED WASHERS!!! And it took us a bit but we found one we liked online, paid for it over the phone and got it delivered right to our door!! SWEET!!! I LOVE it!! It easily does a full TOTE of laundry at a time, and they still come clean!!, and spins the clothes so dry you could almost wear them right out of the washer. No Joke!! The 1st week it was set up I did about a weeks worth of laundry, normally 8 loads, in 4 loads and ALL IN ONE DAY!! Because the washer spins them so dry I can use my dryer again without it taking HOURS to dry my clothes. About 50 minutes in the dryer is all it takes for a TOTES worth of laundry.. before it would take TWICE that long for HALF as much!! No wonder our dryer was costing us an arm and a leg to run!! ( We totally quit using the dryer last Feb because of this!!) The washer is 5.2 cf and sings a little song when you turn it on or off.. and when your load is done. Very cool!! lol. The lid is a no slamming lid and the kids love it because they can 'watch' though the glass window. The loudest part of washing used to be the addition spin when the washer did.. now the loudest part is the water pouring in.. and I have to admit for someone who has been filling her washer with a hose for several months, OK a year!, the water noises this thing makes has made my head thump and my heart turn over and for at least a second or two I wonder if I've, yet again, left the water running and the washer is overflowing! Then I remember that there is NO LONGER a hose in my addition and the washer is plumbed into the hot and cold like a normal washer and there will be NO MORE overflowing of the washer.. at least not that will be MY fault!! :) And that does my heart good :) 

No comments: