Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

New International Version (NIV)

Friday, September 9, 2011

J's 1st Written Story :)

I gave J this little book for writing in. I told him he could write about what he wanted when ever he wanted or I would give him a topic and he would have to write about it. His first couple of pages are filled with his name, his WHOLE name!! Quite a chore to write it all out but he'd never learned to write the whole thing and needed to. Then he wanted to write his siblings names.. their WHOLE names. Now your probably thinking what's the big deal with the WHOLE name thing?? Well Papa and I name the kids after people, great grandparents, grandparents and well... two people PER kid and it makes for some LONG names. For instance J's WHOLE name is, I believe the longest, at 26 letters from start to finish!! R's is the shortest and Baby J, L and E's are all pretty close, numbers wise. He also wrote out my name and Papa's. That's a LOT of writing! This little memory story is what he wanted to write about after our visit with G and G Griggs and cousin M. He did ask me to spell some words but there are a few misspelled, and a few things left out, and that's OK, it's his little book and his memory. 
Oh and he's decided that for this little book he will only write in pen and that he's going to keep it forever. I'm ever so curious to see what he'll write about next!! 

1 comment:

The Griggs Family said...

Since I've posted this J decided, alone, to 're-do' his story. Fixing his mistakes and rewriting it. I WILL get a picture and re post his 2nd draft :)