Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

New International Version (NIV)

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Snakes.. YUCK!!!

J and L were doing a chore recently and J saw what he thought was their plastic dollar store snake on the ground beside the house.. till it MOVED!!! Apparently he took it rather badly. Papa said he was one step away from losing it. I guess he takes after his mother.. but that is another story for umm.... never!!  Snakes and I, harmless or not, do NOT mix. I don't even like the plastic kind. ANYWAY Papa caught it and calmed J down and then brought it into MY house to show the girls. 
Taking a good look.

 Neither of the girls seemed to mind it too much but I have a feeling that was because Papa was hanging on to it. They all pet it and Papa gave them a 'snake talk' which I didn't really listen too. We have no poisonous snakes here, thank goodness,  but I think it's the biggest gardener snake I've ever seen. Not that I'm ever looking for them, I'm sure there are bigger ones around.  They released it into the woods by the front of our property and thankfully we've not seen it since. 

No comments: