Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

New International Version (NIV)

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines Day, A Special Gift.

Papa brought me yellow roses on Valentines day. He surprised me with them after he was suppose to be at work. He banged through the door, handed me the flowers and a heart shaped box of chocolates, kissed me several times and proceeded to tell me what else he'd brought home. A little chopper for baby food and a new mixer as mine has mostly given up. Then he kissed me again, yelled that he'd be home late and headed off to work! What a sweetheart he is. He normally gives me red roses but this morning I told him if he was going to give me flowers please could I have daffodils. I'm really wishing for spring these last few days and I thought the bright yellow colored flowers would help with the February winter YUCK.

 As Papa headed out the door I noticed E was standing beside me with something I'd asked her to bring to me. Her 4 year old eyes were large with excitement and twinkled. Did you know little girls were born to be romanced? I didn't,  not until today. OHHHH The OOOHHHS and AHHS the 'they are GORGEOUS mommy. Just GORGEOUS' R says to me. I want to keep them forever and ever because they are SO GORGEOUS!!' They had to smell them, touch them, watch me as I cut the stems and placed them in water then OHHH and AHHH over them again when I put them on the table. Several times R said. OH Thank YOU Papa!! And E would say 'Papa's at work, we'll have to tell him Thank you for the beautiful flowers when he gets home!' Oh Oh OH!!! At one point after I'd cut them and was putting them on the table I saw the two of them grin at each other and spontaneously HUG!!! E lifting R off the floor!! What little girls they are. I had no idea, and I'm sure Papa didn't either, how much our two little girls would enjoy those bright yellow roses!!

The boys were outside doing firewood as all this was going on. But when they did come in for a quick moment they had to see the flowers and smell them. J stuck his nose in a flower till his nose was just about gone and inhaled deeply then sighed. They really do smell nice! L's eyes lite up and his cheerful little grin lit up the room.

They went Ga Ga over the chocolates too. I cut all the chocolates in half so that everyone could try a few not just one or two. What a great idea that was. We will be doing that again. Half a chocolate is quite enough for a good taste. We don't have favorites because we get chocolates so rarely so this way we can try a few and see what we like!

It's been several days now and we are still enjoying our spot of spring on the table. Amazing how handful of bright yellow flowers can make the snow seem not so deep and the sunshine a little brighter and grins pop out on faces a little more often. What a wonderful gift! Thank you Papa!

3 comments:

Goat Gal said...

Awww what a sweet family. I'm a little gushy myself after reading this :)

Sharon said...

Hi--I have been following your wonderful blog for quite some time. My husband and I went to Bible college with your hubby's parents!!
You write beautifully and I love the photos.
Thanks for the last entry re: the roses--how sweet is that!!!
My only request is that we could see more photos of you!

The Griggs Family said...

Thanks Sarah we have our moments :)

Sharon! Nice to 'meet' you :) Thanks. I enjoy blogging. I'm normally the one taking the pictures and therefore there aren't very many of me, which is how I like it, and even fewer good ones. But I do have a few and I've not posted one for quite some time. So I will :) Enjoy it while it lasts :)