Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

New International Version (NIV)

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Years :)

We spent New Years with at my sisters A's house with a fair showing of my family! The kids played with their cousins and friends and the adults chatted and ate and ate and laughed! Baby J stayed up HOURS passed his bed time and was still having fun when we left! My brother D and his wife A were here from Ab. with their 2 kids and it was really neat to see them again and see how much their kids had grown since we'd seen them last summer. My sister S and husband D were also here from Ab with their 2 kids and it was awesome to see them. I think the last time we saw them was Dad's 60th and I was amazed to find my nephew J is now taller then me at 13 years old!! He's also got a bit of peach fuzz going on there!! Their daughter A spend a part of the night giving 'horse rides' and the kids totally took advantage of her! She's such a sweet kid she couldn't say no!! My folks were there too.. so we were only missing 2 families. That's not bad out of 7 families!  K had some of his family there as well. It was fun to see them as well as we don't see much of them. Out of 6 they were missing 3. Fun full house!   We had a wonderful time and stayed until almost midnight.. we actually started out 2011 in the truck on the way home! After we put the kids to bed Papa and I went out and got the beef Bindy who'd been hanging for a while inside ready for hamburger-ing the next day.. this proved challenging as it was -25C ish and she was frozen solid! Papa ended up taking the chain saw and cutting her into 6 chunks.. The only other thing we could have done is wait for it to warm up. Even then it would have to be warm for quite a while to thaw a whole cow! We set them on tables by the wood stove over night and she was pretty soft by morning! I told Papa I felt like a sneaky person cutting up a beef in the middle of the night with a chain saw!! He referred to it as 'the chain saw massacre!' The little birds like chick-a-Dee's and woodpeckers loved it :) It wasn't until we were half way done that I realized that we were RIGHT by our wonderful neighbor Mike's bedroom!! Chain sawing like crazy people in the dark in the middle of the night! I felt better later on though when I remembered it was New Years after all and I'm pretty sure he wasn't home :)

No comments: