Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

New International Version (NIV)

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lard.

Here are the pictures I promised from my lard rendering day. Here it is cooking down. And cooling and sealing it's self in jars. Note the heavy glove. This stuff is HOT!!! The brown jars are cracklings. I also got 5 yogurt containers of lard (that I froze) and 3 of cracklings.



The cooker. To fill the jars I placed a clean piece of plywood over the top and used it as a table.

No comments: