Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

New International Version (NIV)

Monday, November 3, 2008

The Neat thing I saw this Morning.

I was just finishing up my morning chores, I do all my chores before the kids wake up, and was walking back to the house from where the pigs are when I heard a funny sound. It sounded like a VW car horn, you know a little Beep Bleep. Sort of. I couldn't place it. It repeated it's self over and over and finally I looked up where the noise was coming from and there, flying over our place, were 20 white swans. 2 different groups but a full 20 in total. I had time to count them twice as they flew over me. I've lived here most of my life and I've never seen that before. Never 20. Usually in groups of 2 or at most 4. I have seen swans grouped together on a field or lake in large numbers but never flying. They call to each other the same way geese do. They also switch up to rest and take turns in the front like geese do. But instead of a honking goose noise they sort of go Beep Bleeepeep. I believe they are trumpeter swans as I looked them up in my bird book and the only other swans we have a lot, the Tundra, of make more of a cooing sound. Now if only I took my camera on chores!! What a picture I could have gotten!!! Beautiful!!

No comments: